|Effect:||Increase the force of the bearer's nail, causing enemies to recoil further when hit.|
Heavy Blow in Hollow Knight is one out of the 45 Charms that is found in the game. These charms are special items that provide The Knight buffs that will help with both traversing Hallownest and battling its foes. Charms require Notches and can only be equipped and unequipped while having The Knight sit on a bench.
Heavy Blow Information
"Farmed from the nails of fallen warriors."
Heavy Blow is a strong defensive charm that can be used against enemies and most importantly boss encounters. This increases the range of a knockback done from The Nail or Nail Art allowing you to push them back for more space and the opportunity to execute successive attacks, to escape a strong attack from an enemy or boss, and to heal.
However, most of the bosses will not be affected by a knockback, but instead, they can be put in a state of stagger - Heavy Blow not only increases the range of a knockback, but it also decreases the number of hits required to stagger an enemy by 1, which can be useful for most bosses.
Listed below is an overview of the increased percentage added from the following source of attacks:
- Increases the knockback attack from The Nail by 75%.
- Increases the knockback attack from Great Slash and Dash Slash by 100%.
- Increases the knockback attack from Cyclone Smash by 150%.
Heavy Blow Acquisition
- Location: Dirtmouth
- Acquisition: To acquire this charm, head over to Crystal's Peak and obtain the Shopkeeper's Key which can be found in the room where you will first encounter the Crystal Guardian. Once you've obtained the item, head over to Sly's shop in Dirtmouth and give the key - this will allow Sly to sell more goods including the Heavy Blow Charm that is purchasable for 350.
Heavy Blow Notes
- Charms can only be equipped and unequipped by using a bench.
- Equip the Quick Slash charm along with Heavy Blow to execute the knockback attacks faster.