Keys or Key Items in Hollow Knight are items that are used to unlock certain doors within Hallownest. Some keys can be purchased from a Merchant and some are scattered throughout the map. Below a list of keys available that can be obtained through the Hollow Knight game
What are Items in Hollow Knight?
There are four categories of types of items that can be found in Hollow Knight, each having its own function. These category of items are Keys or Key Items, Quest Items, Upgrade Items, and Tradeable Items.
- Keys or Key Items: These items are mainly used to unlock doors, new locations, and even chests that are scattered around Hallownest. You can either purchase these key items or locate them in various sections of an area.
- Quest Items: Quest Items in Hollow Knight are to be used for completing specific Quests in Hollow Knight. It can either be given to certain NPCs, to unlock some features in the game, or to simply progress the story of the game. Quest Items can either be purchased from Merchants, given by an NPC, or simply found in specified sections of a location.
- Trade Items: These special, unique items are to be traded with specific NPCs or Merchants in Hollow Knight. If given to a special character, a player can gain a reward in return or even request for services provided that you can hand over the required item.
- Upgrade Items: Upgrade Items in Hollow Knight are vital for The Knight, these items help in increasing the stats of The Knight such as increasing its Health, SOUL, and Equipment such as the Nail.
How do I View my Items in Hollow Knight?
The various items that you have collected in Hollow Knight can be viewed by opening the Inventory button of your PC or Console:
- PC: Inventory - I
- Playstation: Inventory - Touch Pad
- Switch: Inventory - (-) Button
- Xbox: Inventory - Back Button
Hollow Knight All Key Items
Click on the header to sort the table.
Unlocking the door allows players to unlock four Endings and adds new dialogues for certain NPCs.
|Unlocks a door in the Tower of Love where The Collector can be found and fought.|
Provide the Shopkeeper's Key to Sly to unlock more items that can be bought.
Unlocks doors with simple locks, but breaks after using.