Monarch Wings is an Ability in Hollow Knight. As players progress through the game, these skills that are categorized as abilities are acquired from completing tasks and are found from certain areas, these abilities help The Knight travel and survive the depths of Hallownest - abilities do not require SOUL to be activated.
Monarch Wings Usage
- Monarch Wings, to keep it simple is an ability that allows The Knight to perform another jump while in mid-air. After using a regular jump, press the JUMP button again and even longer for The Knight to spread its wings and perform a high jump.
- This ability can be used again if The Knight simply lands on the ground, pogo off an enemy or an object or uses the Mantis Claw to hook onto a wall and simultaneously bounce off it.
How to Find Monarch Wings
- Ancient Basin - first, you will need the Crystal Heart ability and Lumafly Lantern to reach the are you will need to go to. From the Ancient Basin head to the mid-level of the map and head west into an area where a bench can be found, you'll find a huge gap where you'll need to use Crystal Heart to fly across. Once you're across, simply follow the path and head to the top where you'll need to face the Broken Vessel. Defeat the boss to unlock the next area where you'll find Monarch Wings.
Monarch Wings Notes & Tips
- Obtaining Monarch Wings is one of the two triggers that will cause The Infection to spread towards the Forgotten Crossroads.
- Inside the area past the arena of the Broken Vessel, players will notice strong winds storming out of the area. This is caused by the Monarch Wings and obtaining the ability will stop the strong wind.