Nailsmith is an NPC in Hollow Knight. Nailsmith is a bug who specializes in forging Nails.
Nailsmith is capable of strengthening The Knight's Nail and is obsessed with the thought of forging the "perfect" nail. He will offer his services to forge The Knight's Nail in exchange for Geo and Pale Ore. Once the Nailsmith has forged the Pure Nail, he will realize that his work is done and will step outside his shop - after you speak to him, he will ask you for a final request to kill him with the use of the "perfect" nail leaving you with the choice to do his final wish or to spare his life.
- Location: Nailsmith Can be found at the City of Tears
- Progression: Nailsmith moves to Greenpath at Nailmaster Sheo's if players choose to spare his life and have acquired Great Slash.
- Combat: Players may kill the Nailsmith.
- Rewards: Finishing a quest grants the Happy Couple Trophy/Achievement, killing him grants the Purity Trophy/Achievement.
- A Nailsmith's Obsession: Players will need to forge The Knight's Nail until acquiring the Pure Nail. Once it has been forged, the Nailsmith will step outside his shop and realizes his work has come to an end. He will mention that he would like to see how the perfect nail strikes and asks for you to kill him using the newly forged Pure Nail. Now, it is up to you to either kill him or spare his life.
- Related NPCs: Nailmaster Sheo
- After killing him, you can find his corpse at the Junk Pit. However, if you choose to spare his life, you can find him in Naimaster Sheo's lair in Greenpath only if the Nail Art Great Slash has been obtained.
Have you brought me another nail to be honed? Leave it on the ground and return later, if you're still breathing.
Hmm? Oh. I thought you were someone else.
After a Nailsmith are you? Well, you've found one. I'm not much for talk, but if its a nail that needs repair then you've come to the right bug.
Your own nail is in quite a sorry state. It's obviously not one of mine. Still, anything can be refined with enough effort and skill, even that broken blade.
Notes & Tips
- The Nailsmith can be killed with other methods, such as using Spells.
- The Dream Nail can be used on him and his corpse for additional dialogues.
Bardoon ♦ Bretta ♦ Brumm ♦ Charm Lover Salubra ♦ Cloth ♦ Confessor Jiji ♦ Cornifer ♦ Distant Villagers ♦ Divine ♦ Dreamers ♦ Dung Defender ♦ Elderbug ♦ Eternal Emilitia ♦ Fluke Hermit ♦ Godseeker ♦ Grey Mourner ♦ Grimmsteed ♦ Grubfather ♦ Herrah the Beast ♦ Hornet ♦ Iselda ♦ Leg Eater ♦ Little Fool ♦ Lurien the Watcher ♦ Mask Maker ♦ Midwife ♦ Millibelle the Banker ♦ Mister Mushroom ♦ Monomon the Teacher ♦ Moss Prophet ♦ Moth ♦ Myla ♦ Nailmaster Mato ♦ Nailmaster Oro ♦ Nailmaster Sheo ♦ Nymm ♦ Quirrel ♦ Relic Seeker Lemm ♦ Seer ♦ Sly ♦ Snail Shaman ♦ Steel Soul Jinn ♦ The Hunter ♦ The Last Stag ♦ The Nightmare's Heart ♦ The Pale King ♦ The White Lady ♦ Tiso ♦ Troupe Master Grimm ♦ Tuk ♦ Unn ♦ Willoh ♦ Zote the Mighty