Path of Pain
|Main Location||White Palace|
Path of Pain is a Sub-Area Location in Hollow Knight. Path of Pain can be found within White Palace. The various locations and sub-areas of the forgotten kingdom of Hallownest feature a variety of objectives, quests, and secrets that need to be uncovered, as well as NPCs and hostile characters that are encountered through your journey.
Path of Pain Information
- Path of Pain can be found within White Palace.
- Path of Pain is a sub-area within White Palace and can be opened by destroying a breakable wall in the room above the lift heading to the upper part of the White Palace. This is a secret challenge section of the White Palace. Completing this area will unlock a cutscene where you will see a depiction of the Pale King and a younger version of the Hollow Knight, alongside a Journal Entry for the Seal of Binding.
- The area is made up of several sections, platforming the area can be difficult as it requires good movement and precise timing of jumps. You would also need to swing the Nail towards most of the mobile hazard to gain height when maneuvering the place. Look out for buzz-saws, spikes, thorns, and other hazards.
- After you've managed to reach the final section, you'll fall down into a pit where you'll see yourself surrounded by thorns on the wall. You'll have to defeat the two Kingsmoulds in the area to end the challenge.
- After completing this challenge, you'll wake up outside the area, and the Path of Pain will become inaccessible and you can no longer enter the sub-area again.
Items Found in Path of Pain
- Soul Totem x7
- Seal of Binding Hunter's Journal entry
Characters in Path of Pain
Enemies and Bosses in Path of Pain
Path of Pain Notes, Trivia and Notable Loot
- All the Charms that were useful for the main White Palace will also be useful for this challenge, except for the Dashmaster, as you can accidentally dash downwards because you'll be holding the Down button multpile times trying to Nail-bounce on the buzz-saws.