Quest Items in Hollow Knight are items that are used as an aid to traverse and explore the depths of Hallownest. Some Quest Items can be purchased from a Merchant and some are scattered throughout the map. Below a list of Quest Items available that can be obtained through the Hollow Knight game.
What are Items in Hollow Knight?
There are four categories of types of items that can be found in Hollow Knight, each having its own function. These category of items are Keys or Key Items, Quest Items, Upgrade Items, and Tradeable Items.
- Keys or Key Items: These items are mainly used to unlock doors, new locations, and even chests that are scattered around Hallownest. You can either purchase these key items or locate them in various sections of an area.
- Quest Items: Quest Items in Hollow Knight are to be used for completing specific Quests in Hollow Knight. It can either be given to certain NPCs, to unlock some features in the game, or to simply progress the story of the game. Quest Items can either be purchased from Merchants, given by an NPC, or simply found in specified sections of a location.
- Trade Items: These special, unique items are to be traded with specific NPCs or Merchants in Hollow Knight. If given to a special character, a player can gain a reward in return or even request for services provided that you can hand over the required item.
- Upgrade Items: Upgrade Items in Hollow Knight are vital for The Knight, these items help in increasing the stats of The Knight such as increasing its Health, SOUL, and Equipment such as the Nail.
How do I View my Items in Hollow Knight?
The various items that you have collected in Hollow Knight can be viewed by opening the Inventory button of your PC or Console:
- PC: Inventory - I
- Playstation: Inventory - Touch Pad
- Switch: Inventory - (-) Button
- Xbox: Inventory - Back Button
Hollow Knight All Quest Items
Click on the header to sort the table.
The Collector's Map marks the location of all 46 Grubs in the game, including ones that are in unexplored areas. The Grubfather will also be rewarding you upon reaching a certain number of Grubs freed, and here are the rewards:
After speaking to the Grey Mourner, The Knight will be tasked to deliver this unruined flower to the grave of the Traitor's Child in Queen's Gardens. Complete the quest by delivering the flower undamaged to the grave, followed by returning to the Grey Mourner to be rewarded with a Mask Shard.
|The Godtuner icon will appear on the screen underneath the health bar and blink once you've defeated a boss and a pantheon is needed to be unlocked.|
Defeating a specified number of each enemy unlocks additional notes from the Hunter about that enemy, as well as bits of lore, techniques for fighting said enemy, or even information about the Hunter himself. A few entries can only be obtained by inspecting a specific object or as a reward for completing a challenge.
|Hunter's Mark is a Journal Entry that you will receive once you've completed most of the entries in your journal.|
In some areas, it is dark and the Knight will be unable to see. The Lumafly Lantern is used to light and help navigate the Knight's way through these dark areas.
|Allows The Knight to update areas of the map once players discover undiscovered or hidden parts of the map.|
|The Delicate Flower turns into a Ruined Flower if The Knight takes damage while delivering it to the grave of the Traitor's Child in Queen's Gardens.|
Unlocks The Tram. Once you've acquired the Tram Pass, inspect the tram to activate it.