Shade Cloak is an Ability in Hollow Knight. As players progress through the game, these skills that are categorized as abilities that are acquired from completing tasks and are found from certain areas, these abilities help The Knight travel and survive the depths of Hallownest - abilities do not require SOUL to be activated.
Shade Cloak Usage
- Shade Cloak is an upgrade of Mothwing Cloak.
- Similar to the Mothwing Cloak, simply press the DASH button to perform a dash in the direction The Knight is facing on the ground or mid-air.
- This ability allows The Knight to phase through enemy attacks without receiving any damage. However, environmental hazards will still inflict damage.
- Shade Cloak has a cooldown of 2 seconds. Once it has been activated and is on cooldown, players may still perform a dash but the effect of phasing through an enemy's attack will not work similarly to a Mothwing Cloak.
- After performing Shade Cloak, shadow particles will spread around The Knight indicating that it is on cooldown - and once it has been absorbed by The Knight, the skill can be reactivated.
How to Find Shade Cloak
- The Abyss - first, you will need the King's Brand to unlock the door at the Ancient Basin that leads to The Abyss and the Crystal Heart to traverse the area. Head to the bottom of the Ancient Basin and head east where you'll find Shades of vessels and Void Trendils and once you've reached the end, you'll find yourself at the edge of Void Trendils with a huge gap. To get across, head to the top of the area until you reach the room with a lighthouse. Activate it and head back down to the gap and use Crystal Heart to fly across the gap. After doing so, head towards the next area until you reach the end where you'll see a platform with black goo overflowing. Hop on top and wait for The Knight to be consumed by the darkness for the ability to be unlocked.
Shade Cloak Notes & Tips
- Players will need to acquire Mothwing Cloak first for the ability of Shade Cloak to work.
- Equipping certain Charms can modify this ability: