|Effect:||When focusing SOUL, emit a spore cloud that slowly damages enemies.|
Spore Shroom in Hollow Knight is one out of the 45 Charms that is found in the game. These charms are special items that provide The Knight buffs that will help with both traversing Hallownest and battling its foes. Charms require Notches and can only be equipped and unequipped while having The Knight sit on a bench.
Spore Shroom Information
"Composed of living fungal matter. Scatters spores when exposed to SOUL."
Spore Shroom is a defensive charm that is useful for damaging slow or stagnant. Once The Knight heals using Focus, it releases a cloud of spores that deals with 1 damage per tick and has a duration of 4.1 seconds, and after the cloud disappears, The Knight will be able to release the cloud of spores after a 4.25 seconds cooldown.
Players may also strengthen the damage to 2 per tick if the Defender's Crest charm is equipped at the same time. However, the frequency of the cloud is reduced for only 20 ticks of damage for a total of 40 damage points.
While The Knight has this charm equipped, it will be able to understand the mushroom language of the following cases:
- Selected Mushroom Lore Tablets found in Fungal Wastes.
- Shrumal Warrior and Shrumal Ogre's Dream Nail dialogues
- Mister Mushroom's dialogue and his Lore Tablet in Kingdom's Edge.
Spore Shroom Acquisition
- Location: Fungal Wastes
- Acquisition: This charm can be found in Fungal Wastes, near the secret path going to Queen's Gardens and Deepnest. You will need to have the Mantis Claw ability to traverse this area.
Spore Shroom Notes
- Charms can only be equipped and unequipped by using a bench.
- Equip the Deep Focus charm along with Spore Shroom to increase the cloud's radius by 35%.
- Equip the Defender's Crest charm along with Spore Shroom to increase the damage from the toxic cloud.
- Equip Shape of Unn along with Spore Shroom to transform The Knight into a snail with mushrooms on its back.
- Combining Shape of Unn and Baldur Shell along with Spore Shroom transforms The Knight into a snail with a blue shell and mushrooms on its back.