Zote the Mighty
|Location||Greenpath, Dirtmouth, City of Tears, Deepnest, Colosseum of Fools (boss fight)|
Zote the Mighty is an NPC in Hollow Knight. He is a lonely, unfortunate knight whose heroic ventures always seem to fall prey to unlucky accidents.
Zote the Mighty Information
Zote the Mighty, a self-proclaimed “Knight of Great Renown”, is an aspiring yet unfortunate and rather inept warrior. He is cantankerous, short-tempered, and gloomy, and seems to thinks highly of himself. He wields a shell-wood nail which he has named “Life Ender”. However, as the game progresses, it can be discovered (via his Dream Nail dialogue and 57 Precepts) that Zote is desperate, and aspiring to prove his worth after leaving his home at a young age due to his parents abusing him.
- Location: Zote the Mighty can be found at Greenpath, struggling in the jaws of the Vengefly King
- Progression: Zote the Mighty moves to Dirtmouth after you save him, then moves to the City of Tears, then Deepnest (where you can rescue him again), then the Colosseum of Fools. He then he goes back to Dirtmouth and remains there reciting his 57 Precepts (which gives insight on his backstory).
- Combat: Players may not kill Zote the Mighty, but can leave him to die in the jaws of the Vengefly King if he is not rescued before acquiring the Mantis Claw, or can defeat him as a boss in the Colosseum of Fools (which does not kill him).
- Rewards: Leaving him to die in Greenpath grants the “Neglect” achievement. Saving him twice and then beating him at the Colosseum of Fools grants the “Rivalry” achievement. Fighting and defeating him as Grey Prince Zote in Bretta’s dream grants the “Dark Romance” achievement.
- Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?
- Know this, cur. I am Zote the Mighty, a knight of great renown. Cross me again, and you'll find out why they call my weapon 'Life Ender'.
Notes & Tips
- Saving Zote twice and defeating him at the Colosseum of Fools allows him to return to Dirtmouth, where he will recite his 57 Precepts. These precepts give much insight into Zote’s sad backstory, and reveal that he had abusive parents who drove him to leave his home at a very young age in a desperate effort to prove himself worthy.
Bardoon ♦ Bretta ♦ Brumm ♦ Charm Lover Salubra ♦ Cloth ♦ Confessor Jiji ♦ Cornifer ♦ Distant Villagers ♦ Divine ♦ Dreamers ♦ Dung Defender ♦ Elderbug ♦ Eternal Emilitia ♦ Fluke Hermit ♦ Godseeker ♦ Grey Mourner ♦ Grimmsteed ♦ Grubfather ♦ Herrah the Beast ♦ Hornet ♦ Iselda ♦ Leg Eater ♦ Little Fool ♦ Lurien the Watcher ♦ Mask Maker ♦ Midwife ♦ Mister Mushroom ♦ Monomon the Teacher ♦ Moss Prophet ♦ Moth ♦ Myla ♦ Nailmaster Mato ♦ Nailmaster Oro ♦ Nailmaster Sheo ♦ Nailsmith ♦ Nymm ♦ Quirrel ♦ Relic Seeker Lemm ♦ Seer ♦ Sly ♦ Snail Shaman ♦ Steel Soul Jinn ♦ The Hunter ♦ The Last Stag ♦ The Nightmare's Heart ♦ The Pale King ♦ The White Lady ♦ Tiso ♦ Troupe Master Grimm ♦ Tuk ♦ Unn ♦ Vessel ♦ Willoh