Lifeblood is a DLC for Hollow Knight and is the third out of the four free contents that were released. This DLC was announced on the 23rd of March 2018 and was released on the 20th of April, 2018.
Lifeblood mainly focused on enhancing certain aspects of the game such as:
- A customizable theme, allowing players to change the background of the title screen.
- Visual Changes to the game such as using charms, locations, and new animations.
- Buffs and Nerfs to Combat, Enemies, and Bosses such as:
- Added two new attacks to the Traitor Lord.
- Hivelings appearance is larger and have increased health.
- A stagger can be performed on The Collector
- Hive Guardians deals two masks of damage to The Knight.
- Upon death, a Volatile Mosskin quickly explodes.
- A Husk Hive increases in size, is faster, and summons Hivelings in a shorter period of time.
- A Desolate Dive can no longer be used on Flukemarm.
- The Knight must wear the Grimmchild charm to gain access into facing Nightmare King Grimm.
- Stagger animation of the False Knight is faster.
- The spore cloud released by a Fungified Husk is bigger.
- Added dialogue to NPCs
- Added and optimized sound effects in the game.
- Changes made to some Charms:
- The damage dealt by the Flukenest has been reduced and costs 3 notches.
- Weaverlings from the Weaversong deals more damage, has a new animation and can inflict stagger on bosses.
- Joni's Blessing has decreased its value of providing 50% +1 HP to 40% +1 HP.
- Fury of the Fallen now has a red smoke when it is used instead of a red aura.
Other than the changes done and added, Lifeblood also introduces a boss and a new mapping tool listed below:
- Map Markers