The Grimm Troupe is a DLC for Hollow Knight and is the second out of the four free contents that were released. This DLC was revealed on the 14th of September, 2017 and was released on the 26th of October, 2017 and added in new foes, areas, content, charms, items, and much more to the game.
The Grimm Troupe Overview
The Grimm Troupe is considered as an extra chapter and a quest that introduces a mysterious otherworldly group of bugs that appear in Dirtmouth who intend to perform a mystical fiery ritual. This will leave you with the decision of helping the Troupe complete the ritual and to learn more about them, or choosing to traitorously banish them out of town.
Now, in order to start this quest, you will need to summon them to the town. To do that, make your way to the Howling Cliffs and through two breakable walls that leads into a tight passage with unlit torches. At the end of the passage, you will see a body of a large beetle clad in a strange mask; you will need to use the Dream Nail to strike the bug. This will unlock a Dream dialogue and will cause the screen to flash scarlet red - retrace your steps where the previous area will have a huge torch with a glowing furnace covered by a grate will appear. Strike it multiple times to ignite a blazing scarlet fire from the torch, and the Grimm Troupe will be summoned and have set camp in Dirtmouth.
The Grimm Troupe's main content is composed of adding in new bosses, NPCs, new Charms and a new enigmatic mini-story to uncover. New enemies (three ranks of ghostly Grimmkin who test the Knight’s skill as part of the flame ritual) were also added, and some changes in the game were included such as adding a new theme for the menu, The Grimm Troupe‘s blazing scarlet embers. Listed below are the following content that has been added:
How to summon The Grimm Troupe
- Travel to the Howling Cliffs and go through two breakable walls.
- Use the Dream Nail on the large bug that you will see at the end of the passage.
- Go back to the previous area and hit the torch with a glowing furnace grate to trigger a cutscene.
- The Grimm Troupe will then appear and be summoned to Dirtmouth.
The Grimm Troupe DLC features
The Grimm Troupe DLC features brand new content such as:
- A new chapter and quests that introduces a group of ghostly yet harmless bugs that will appear in Dirtmouth to perform a mysterious flame ritual.
- Two mutually exclusive endings. You can either choose to help the Troupe Master Grimm carry out and complete the ritual to learn more about him, or to choose to conspire with the shifty traitor of the group Brumm by banishing the Grimm and his kin from the town.
- New NPCs to meet once you've summoned The Grimm Troupe.
- New enemies, locations, bosses, charms, and other items in the game.
How do I download The Grimm Troupe DLC?
This works on all platforms, and since this was a part of the four free DLCs that was released, you would just need to update the game, and The Grimm Troupe DLC will automatically be added to your game.
The Grimm Troupe DLC New Features
The Grimm Troupe Bosses
The Grimm Troupe Enemies
- Grimmkin Novice
- Grimmkin Master
- Grimmkin Nightmare
The Grimm Troupe NPCs