|Requirements:||4,000, 3 Pale Ore|
Pure Nail in Hollow Knight is an upgraded form of the Nail, which is the weapon used by The Knight. The Nail is the primary means of dealing damage to Enemies and Bosses, and can be upgraded a total of 4 times. The Pure Nail is the fourth and final upgrade that can be obtained for the Knight's Nail, maximizing its damage-dealing potential.
- See the Nail page for an overview of combat mechanics and moves pertaining to the Pure Nail.
The ultimate weapon of Hallownest. Crafted to perfection, this ancient nail reveals its true form.
Hollow Knight Pure Nail Information
The Pure Nail has a base damage value of 21 which is used in the calculation for total damage dealt for attacks and effects that take Nail Damage into account.
Nail Damage is affected by the following charms:
Nail Damage also affects the damage dealt by Nail Arts.
How to get the Pure Nail in Hollow Knight
The Pure Nail is the final upgrade available for the Nail and is forged by the Nailsmith from the Coiled Nail after providing him with the following resources:
Pale Ore is a rare material used to upgrade the Nail. Starting from the Channelled Nail, all subsequent Nail upgrades require 1 or more Pale Ore in addition to Geo. There are a total of 6 pieces of Pale Ore that can be found throughout Hallownest and finding them is not an easy task. See the Pale Ore page for all locations and instructions on how to obtain this resource.
How to Upgrade the Pure Nail in Hollow Knight
The Pure Nail is the final form of the Nail and cannot be upgraded further.
Pure Nail Related Quests in Hollow Knight
The acquisition of the Pure Nail allows for the conclusion of the quest 'A Nailsmith's Obsession'.
After forging the Pure Nail, the Nailsmith will step outside of his workshop. Believing that his life's work is complete and that he has served his purpose, he requests for The Knight to cut him down with the weapon, his greatest work. There are two options you can choose to proceed from here:
- Oblige and attack the Nailsmith with the Pure Nail which kills the old bug, sending him into the waters below and awarding the Purity achievement. In the Godmaster content, you can find the Nailsmith's corpse in the Junk Pit after conquering two Pantheons.
- Refrain from attacking the Nailsmith and simply leave the area. He will then move to Sheo's hut in Greenpath, finding a new purpose in life by modelling for Sheo's artwork and creating wooden figurines together. Speaking to him here will award the Happy Couple achievement.
Note that only one of these options can be chosen per playthrough.
Hollow Knight Pure Nail Notes & Tips
- Nails are bladed weapons akin to swords and are used in a similar fashion, with slashing strikes forming the basis of their attacks. Nails are prevalent in Hallownest and are used by its guards, soldiers and other warriors. Nails can be seen wielded by various Enemies, Bosses and NPCs that The Knight encounters. The denizens of Hallownest also wield other weapons that appear to be variations of the Nail such as the Mantis Lords' spears and Hornet's Needle.
- The Pure Nail has a vastly different look from the weapon's base form, with an intricate pattern etched into its blade that almost mimics that of the etchings found in blades forged from damascus steel. Its handle also sports a new, coiled ivory-like appearance.
- While Nail appearances change in the menu as you upgrade them, these changes are not visible on The Knight's sprite when wielding the weapon.
Why? You couldn't even link a google drive map to the damn pale ore locations and routes to said pale ore?
I thought it would do more damage...
God damnit! why the heck does every page have either incorrect information or is unfinished?!?!?!