Conjure a shadow that will fly forward and burn foes in its path.
Shade Soul is a Spell in Hollow Knight. Spells are magical active skills that complement The Knight's offensive and defensive capabilities. Each Spell is powered by SOUL and has a base cost of 33 to cast. Shade Soul is the upgraded form of Vengeful Spirit which fires a projectile horizontally in the direction the Knight is facing. Shade Soul deals more damage for the same amount of SOUL.
Hollow Knight Shade Soul Function & Usage
Just like with Vengeful Spirit, the Shade Soul spell causes The Knight to fire a projectile which travels forward, dealing damage to enemies it passes through. It is used by pressing the Focus/Cast or Quick Cast buttons without holding the Up or Down inputs on the D-Pad.
- Shade Soul retains all of the properties of Vengeful Spirit but now fires a black, shadowy projectile. It deals a base damage of 30.
- Projectile size is larger than that of Vengeful Spirit's, moves 12% faster and will now penetrate walls.
How to Obtain the Shade Soul Spell in Hollow Knight
The Shade Soul spell can be obtained as follows:
- Obtain the Shopkeeper's Key in Crystal Peak and return it to Sly.
- Purchase the Elegant Key from Sly and use it to unlock the ornate door near the beginning of the Soul Sanctum sub-area of the City of Tears.
- Follow the path behind the door and you will come across a Soul Warrior mini-boss. Defeat him and follow the path to the left and to the top to find a device which appears to be connected to a Snail Shaman, which you can examine in order to obtain the Shade Soul.
Shade Soul replaces the Vengeful Spirit spell.
Hollow Knight Shade Soul Spell Modifiers
The Shade Soul spell can be modified by the following Charms:
- Shaman Stone - Increases Shade Soul's damage by ~33% from 30 to 40. It also increases the size of the projectile.
- Spell Twister - Reduces the SOUL cost to 24 per cast.
- Flukenest - Replaces Shade Soul with a short range shotgun-like burst of 16 baby flukes. Each fluke deals 4 damage, with the spell potentially dealing up to 64 total damage. The spell is more effective when cast up close where all flukes can hit a target. With the Shaman Stone also equipped, fluke damage is increased to 5 per fluke with a total of 80 for the full burst.
- Defender's Crest modifies Flukenest further by replacing the swarm of baby flukes with a single, very large fluke which deals 3 damage on impact before exploding into a volatile cloud which deals ~22 damage. With the Shaman Stone also equipped, the cloud damage is increased to ~28. Note that this combo's damage does not differ from that of Vengeful Spirit with the same charm combo.
Hollow Knight Shade Soul Notes & Tips
- Additional Notes & Tips for the Shade Soul spell go here.
|All Spells in Hollow Knight|
how much damage?
thank you wiki.