Dream Nail is an Ability in Hollow Knight. As players progress through the game, these skills that are categorized as abilities are acquired from completing tasks and are found from certain areas, these abilities help The Knight travel and survive the depths of Hallownest - abilities do not require SOUL to be activated.
Dream Nail Usage
- The Dream Nail can be activated by pressing down the DREAM NAIL button for The Knight to charge it before swinging it.
- It is primarily used to collect Essence and to enter dreams. However, it can be used for the following:
- Collects SOUL from area enemies.
- Allows access and travel into a Dreamgate for fast travel.
- Used to obtain the Void Heart.
- Summons The Grimm Troupe in The Grimm Troupe DLC.
- Gains access to the Godhome area in the Godmaster DLC.
- Allows The Knight to read minds and unlocks more dialogues of NPCs, Enemies, monuments, and dead bodies.
- Allows The Knight to enter into the minds of the Dreamers.
- Initiate and Challenge a Dream Boss variation of Bosses.
- Initiate a boss fight with The Radiance.
- Collects Essence from Whispering Roots.
How to Find Dream Nail
- Resting Grounds - simply head over to the Resting Grounds an inspect the statue of the Dreamers which will take The Knight into a dream area. Once you're in, simply follow the path where the Moth flies to where eventually it will lead you to its resting point, inspect the statue where it will provide you with the Dream Nail.
Dream Nail Notes & Tips
- Collecting 1800 Essence and speaking to the Seer upgrades the Dream Nail into the Awoken Dream Nail.
- Dream Nail does not inflict damage but can be used to push back most of the enemies.
- This can be used to instantly kill the Knight's Shade and Siblings.