Allows the wielder to cut through the veil between dreams and waking. Can be used to reveal hidden dreams or open gateways.
|Function||Grants the ability to perform various Dream-related actions.|
Dream Nail is an Ability in Hollow Knight. Abilities are upgrades which impart various effects and skills that help The Knight traverse and interact with the environment in new ways. Unlike Spells, Abilities do not use SOUL or any other resources, but some may have short cooldowns or require resetting before being available for use again. The Dream Nail is a sacred weapon which allows the Knight to perform many Dream-related actions, the most prominent of which are the ability to read the minds of NPCs and Enemies, gain insight into memories held by corpses, statues and other objects, as well as the ability to enter the Dream Realm.
Hollow Knight Dream Nail Function & Usage
- The Dream Nail can be activated by pressing down the DREAM NAIL button for The Knight to charge it before swinging it.
- It is primarily used to collect Essence and to enter dreams. However, it can be used for the following:
- Collects SOUL from area enemies.
- Allows access and travel into a Dreamgate for fast travel.
- Used to obtain the Void Heart.
- Summons The Grimm Troupe in The Grimm Troupe DLC.
- Gains access to the Godhome area in the Godmaster DLC.
- Allows The Knight to read minds and unlocks more dialogues of NPCs, Enemies, monuments, and dead bodies.
- Allows The Knight to enter into the minds of the Dreamers.
- Initiate and Challenge a Dream Boss variation of Bosses.
- Initiate a boss fight with The Radiance.
- Collects Essence from Whispering Roots.
How to Obtain the Dream Nail in Hollow Knight
- Resting Grounds - simply head over to the Resting Grounds and inspect the statue of the Dreamers which will take The Knight into a dream area. Once you're in, simply follow the path where the Moth flies to, eventually leading you to its resting point, interact with the statue to obtain the Dream Nail.
Hollow Knight Dream Nail Notes & Tips
- Collecting 1800 Essence and speaking to the Seer upgrades the Dream Nail into the Awoken Dream Nail.
- Dream Nail does not inflict damage but can be used to push back most of the enemies.
- This can be used to instantly kill the Knight's Shade and Siblings.
|All Abilities in Hollow Knight|