Troupe Master Grimm
|DLC||The Grimm Troupe|
Troupe Master Grimm is both a Boss and an NPC in Hollow Knight. Troupe Master Grimm is also the main character for The Grimm Troupe (Quest). Upon entering his nightmare, you will encounter his Dream form, the Nightmare King Grimm.
Hollow Knight Grimm Lore
Grimm in Hollow Knight is the leader of the mysterious ghostly Grimm Troupe. They exist in an alternate spirit realm of spectral flames, and travel to wherever their scarlet Lantern has been lit. The Grimm Troupe gathers scarlet Flames, remnants from dying kingdoms. The goal of the ritual is for the current Troupe Master Grimm to be reborn by fire, becoming the Grimmchild (who will in time mature into Troupe Master Grimm once more, and the cycle continues). The Grimmkin are ghostly beings of flame who honor and assist Grimm loyally. Grimm and his Grimmkin are very enigmatic, and certain members of Dirtmouth will pettily judge them as “sinister”, but they are harmless and benevolent spirits, restoring dying kingdoms by fire. If assisted in collecting scarlet flames and dancing with Master Grimm, he will become a valuable and loyal companion to the Knight as Grimmchild.
Hollow Knight Grimm Information
Grimm in Hollow Knight is a character that is presented as both an NPC and Boss, players will need the DLC The Grimm Troupe or own the Voidheart Edition of the game to gain access to this character.
You can find Troupe Master Grimm at his tent in Dirtmouth after you summon the Grimm Troupe at the Howling Cliffs (by igniting their lantern by striking it with the nail). Now equip the Grimmchild; with him, you will be able to spot the scarlet flames on your map that you would need to collect. The flames that you see on your map represents a Grimmkin. Grimmkin are playful fiery spirits, and they will giggle, emit flames, and fly around the Knight. You must defeat them in order to obtain the flames they bear upon their torches. Once you've collected all three flames, return to Troupe Master Grimm's tent and turn in the three flames.
After doing this, Troupe Master Grimm will tell you that you must to collect more flames before the final act. Now head out again and make sure you still have Grimmchild equipped, open your map and you'll spot three flames again. Just as you did before, defeat three more Grimmkin to obtain their flames. After collecting each flame, head back to Troupe Master Grimm, and this will then trigger a boss fight, which he describes as a fiery dance.
Troupe Master Grimm is one of the quickest and most graceful bosses in Hollow Knight, he has multiple attacks and mix-ups that can make quick work of you if you're not careful. During the battle, you would want to finish the fight as fast as possible and deal constant damage to him. Remember that every attack counts and observe his telegraphed movements to time your dodges correctly and strike him when you see an opening. After defeating him, you will unlock the "Grand Performance" Achievement/Trophy.
Hollow Knight Grimm Associated Quests
- You must work with the Grimmchild charm to light the child with the flames that are presented on the map after speaking with Troupe Master Grimm.
- Brumm - Accordion player in the same tent as Troupe Master Grimm.
- Troupe Master Grimm can also be summoned to Godhome from the Godseeker's own ritual. He will also appear in the Pantheon of the Sage and Pantheon of Hallownest.
Hollow Knight Grimm Dialogue
Wonderful. Wonderful! My kin arrive and the time has come.
This searing fire... It carries well the Ritual's promise.
Dance with me, my friend. The crowd awaits. Show them you are worthy of a starring role!
Hollow Knight Grimm Notes & Tips
- Troupe Master Grimm has multiple attacks, many of which are predictable just in time to save your masks. Many attacks involve watching Troupe Master Grimm as well as being aware of your location on the stage to dodge their projectiles and attacks.
- Many charms do work well in this fight, but personal favorites include Hiveblood and Nailmaster's Glory due to the lack of opportunity to attack and heal yourself. If Hiveblood is a charm that you use, be sure to know how other charms, such as Joni's Blessing, works with Hiveblood.
- Troupe Master Grimm will always bow respectfully to you before the start of a fight. If you strike him while he bows to you, he will screech, and this action will immediately trigger his Pufferfish attack.
- When you fight Troupe Master Grimm at Godhome, he will instead bow to Godseeker before the start of a fight.
Bardoon ♦ Bretta ♦ Brumm ♦ Charm Lover Salubra ♦ Cloth ♦ Confessor Jiji ♦ Cornifer ♦ Distant Villagers ♦ Divine ♦ Dreamers ♦ Dung Defender ♦ Elderbug ♦ Eternal Emilitia ♦ Fluke Hermit ♦ Godseeker ♦ Grey Mourner ♦ Grimmsteed ♦ Grubfather ♦ Herrah the Beast ♦ Hornet ♦ Iselda ♦ Leg Eater ♦ Little Fool ♦ Lurien the Watcher ♦ Mask Maker ♦ Midwife ♦ Mister Mushroom ♦ Monomon the Teacher ♦ Moss Prophet ♦ Moth ♦ Myla ♦ Nailmaster Mato ♦ Nailmaster Oro ♦ Nailmaster Sheo ♦ Nailsmith ♦ Nymm ♦ PoggyThorax ♦ Quirrel ♦ Relic Seeker Lemm ♦ Seer ♦ Sly ♦ Snail Shaman ♦ Steel Soul Jinn ♦ The Hunter ♦ The Last Stag ♦ The Nightmare's Heart ♦ The Pale King ♦ The White Lady ♦ Tiso ♦ Tuk ♦ Unn ♦ Vessel ♦ Willoh ♦ Zote the Mighty
No, that would be absolute radiance
nightmare Grimm is the toughest boss in hollow knight