Troupe Master Grimm is both a Boss and an NPC in Hollow Knight. Troupe Master Grimm is also the main character for The Grimm Troupe (Quest). Upon entering the Nightmare realm, you will encounter his Dream form, the Nightmare King Grimm.
Hollow Knight Grimm Lore
Grimm in Hollow Knight is the leader of the Grimm Troupe. They come from the Nightmare Realm and travel to wherever the Nightmare Lantern has been lit by acolytes. The Grimm Troupe gathers Nightmare Flames from ruined kingdoms. The goal of the ritual is for the current Troupe Master Grimm to die and be replaced by the Grimmchild, who will become the new Troupe Master Grimm.
Hollow Knight Grimm Information
Grimm in Hollow Knight is a character that is presented as both an NPC and Boss, players will need the DLC The Grimm Troupe or own the Voidheart Edition of the game to gain access to this character.
You can find Troupe Master Grimm at his tent in Dirtmouth after you summon the Grimm Troupe at the Howling Cliffs. Now equip the Grimmchild, with this, you'll be able to spot the flames on your map that you would need to collect. The flames that you see on your map represents a Grimm Troupe member, and you would need to beat them in order to obtain the flames. Once you've collected all three flames, return to Troupe Master Grimm's tent and turn in the three flames.
After doing this, Troupe Master Grimm will tell you that you would still need to collect more flames before the final act. Now head out again and make sure that you still have your Grimmchild equipped, open your map and you'll spot three flames again. Just as you did before, defeat those three Grimm Troupe members to obtain their flames. After collecting each flame, head back to Troupe Master Grimm, and this will then trigger a boss fight.
Troupe Master Grimm is one of the quickest bosses in Hollow Knight, he has multiple attacks and mix-ups that can make quick work of you if you're not careful. During the battle, you would want to finish the fight as fast as possible and deal constant damage to him. Remember that every attack counts and observe his telegraphed movements to time your dodges correctly and strike him when you see an opening. After defeating him, you will unlock the "Grand Performance" Achievement/Trophy.
Hollow Knight Grimm Associated Quests
- You must work with the Grimmchild charm to light the child with the flames that are presented on the map after speaking with Troupe Master Grimm.
- Brumm - Accordion player in the same tent as Troupe Master Grimm.
- Troupe Master Grimm can also be summoned to Godhome from the Godseeker's own ritual. He will also appear in the Pantheon of the Sage and Pantheon of Hallownest.
Hollow Knight Grimm Dialogue
Wonderful. Wonderful! My kin arrive and the time has come.
This searing fire... It carries well the Ritual's promise.
Dance with me, my friend. The crowd awaits. Show them you are worthy of a starring role!
Hollow Knight Grimm Notes & Tips
- Troupe Master Grimm has multiple attacks, many of which are predictable just in time to save your masks. Many attacks involve watching Troupe Master Grimm as well as being aware of your location on the stage to dodge their projectiles and attacks.
- Many charms do work well in this fight, but personal favorites include Hiveblood and Nailmaster's Glory due to the lack of opportunity to attack and heal yourself. If Hiveblood is a charm that you use, be sure to know how other charms, such as Joni's Blessing, works with Hiveblood.
- Troupe Master Grimm will always bow to you before the start of a fight. When you strike him while bowing, he will start screeching and it will immediately strike you with the Pufferfish attack.
- When you fight Troupe Master Grimm at Godhome, he will instead bow at the Godseeker before the start of a fight.
- Trivia and such go here
Bardoon ♦ Bretta ♦ Brumm ♦ Charm Lover Salubra ♦ Cloth ♦ Confessor Jiji ♦ Cornifer ♦ Distant Villagers ♦ Divine ♦ Dreamers ♦ Dung Defender ♦ Elderbug ♦ Eternal Emilitia ♦ Fluke Hermit ♦ Godseeker ♦ Grey Mourner ♦ Grimmsteed ♦ Grubfather ♦ Herrah the Beast ♦ Hornet ♦ Iselda ♦ Leg Eater ♦ Little Fool ♦ Lurien the Watcher ♦ Mask Maker ♦ Midwife ♦ Millibelle the Banker ♦ Mister Mushroom ♦ Monomon the Teacher ♦ Moss Prophet ♦ Moth ♦ Myla ♦ Nailmaster Mato ♦ Nailmaster Oro ♦ Nailmaster Sheo ♦ Nailsmith ♦ Nymm ♦ Quirrel ♦ Relic Seeker Lemm ♦ Seer ♦ Sly ♦ Snail Shaman ♦ Steel Soul Jinn ♦ The Hunter ♦ The Last Stag ♦ The Nightmare's Heart ♦ The Pale King ♦ The White Lady ♦ Tiso ♦ Tuk ♦ Unn ♦ Vessel ♦ Willoh ♦ Zote the Mighty