|Effect:||Contains a song of protection that may defend the bearer from damage.|
Carefree Melody in Hollow Knight is one out of the 45 Charms that is found in the game. These charms are special items that provide The Knight buffs that will help with both traversing Hallownest and battling its foes. Charms require Notches and can only be equipped and unequipped while having The Knight sit on a bench.
Carefree Melody Information
"Token commemorating the start of a friendship."
Carefree Melody is a charm that contains a song that protects The Knight from any damage after receiving a number of hits. This effects of this charm will also work with certain charms like Thorns of Agony, Stalwart Shell, and Hiveblood.
After the charm is activated, a percentage of it to reactivate will depend on the number of hits The Knight receives:
- 0 Hits - 0%
- 1 Hit - 10%
- 2 Hits - 20%
- 3 Hits - 30%
- 4 Hits - 40%
- 5 Hits - 50%
- 6 Hits - 60%
- 7 Hits and more - 90%
Carefree Melody Acquisition
- Location: Dirtmouth
- Acquisition: To obtain this charm, speak to Nymm after banishing the Grimm Troupe.
Carefree Melody Notes
- This charm is available in the DLC: The Grimm Troupe
- Charms can only be equipped and unequipped by using a bench.
- Equipping the Thorns of Agony charm along with Carefree Melody will allow The Knight to release the thorns while negating any received damage.
- The effects of charms like Stalwart Shell, Baldur Shell, and Hiveblood will still work while Carefree Melody negates any damage taken.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Mortals, hear me! If you dare to conspire with that rotten, pusillanimous, conniving traitor Nymm and banish us for this utter piece of rubbish.....! Well, let me just say.... Master is good and merciful... He will forgive you and move on, as his benevolent flames burn forever in the high Heavens... But I shall *not* forgive you! Alack! Shame! Shame on you, and that liar and traitor Nymm! Never betray Master Grimm! It is wrong, and you know it, mortals! You have been warned... —Yours truly, Grimmkin Wisp ;)