Thorns of Agony
|Effect:||When taking damage, sprout thorny vines that damage nearby foes.|
Thorns of Agony in Hollow Knight is one out of the 45 Charms that is found in the game. These charms are special items that provide The Knight buffs that will help with both traversing Hallownest and battling its foes. Charms require Notches and can only be equipped and unequipped while having The Knight sit on a bench.
Thorns of Agony Information
"Senses the pain of its bearer and lashes out at the world around them."
Thorns of Agony is a defensive charm that damages nearby enemies after getting hit. The Knight releases thorns that damage enemies and bosses at the first hit and can cause a knockback after getting hit the second time only if the enemy is in range.
This charm is useful when you are facing multiple enemies, however, if you are exploring areas and want to regain lost SOUL, this charm doesn't collect it and can instantly kill weaker enemies without gaining any SOUL. This also removes the opportunity of players to move or reposition when you get hit since players will not be able to control The Knight while the animation of this charm is triggered - players will only be able to move right after the animation is finished.
Thorns of Agony Acquisition
- Location: Greenpath
- Acquisition: This charm can be obtained in Greenpath, in the maze of thorns. Players will need the Mothwing Cloak ability to reach its location.
Thorns of Agony Notes
- Charms can only be equipped and unequipped by using a bench.
- Equipping the Stalwart Shell charm along with Thorns of Agony will decrease the time for the thorns to activate after getting hit.
- Equipping the Baldur Shell charm along with Thorns of Agony will still allow The Knight to release the thorns even if The Knight is in the shell.
- Equipping the Carefree Melody charm along with Thorns of Agony will still allow The Knight to release the thorns even if the damage is negated.