|Effect:||Causes the bearer to emit a heroic odour.|
Defender's Crest in Hollow Knight is one out of the 45 Charms that is found in the game. These charms are special items that provide The Knight buffs that will help with both traversing Hallownest and battling its foes. Charms require Notches and can only be equipped and unequipped while having The Knight sit on a bench.
Defender's Crest Information
"Unique charm bestowed by the King of Hallownest to his most loyal knight."
Defender's Crest releases a toxic cloud at The Knight's location that continuously deals 1 damage to nearby enemies until the cloud disappears. The cloud lasts for 2.2 seconds before it disappears, and The Knight can conjure another cloud from its standing location after 0.2 seconds.
This charm is best used in certain situations like fleeing pursuing enemies, allowing you to damage them and giving you a window to follow up on a Nail attack. Or it can also be used offensively to deal with Bosses that spawn enemies allowing you to focus more on dealing damage at the boss.
Defender's Crest Acquisition
- Location: Royal Waterways
- Acquisition: This charm can be obtained as a reward after successfully defeating the Dung Defender.
Defender's Crest Notes
- Charms can only be equipped and unequipped by using a bench.
- The charm constantly attracts small flying bugs in some parts of the map.
- While equipping this charm, certain conditions can be unlocked:
- Relic Seeker Lemm will refuse to trade with The Knight.
- Tuk will provide The Knight with a Rancid Egg for free.
- Leg Eater will provide The Knight with a 25% discount on his items and services.
- Equip the Flukenest charm together with the Defender's Crest that releases a large fluke that bounces along the area and emits a large toxic cloud after a short period of time or if it hits an enemy - upon casting, the cloud will have an increased duration time of 3 seconds instead of 2.2 seconds.
- Equip the Glowing Womb charm with the Defender’s Crest to release explosive hatchlings.
- equip Spore shroom to fart a cloud of gas that 4-3 damage per tick ( 40 total )
This Charm is so much fun and so useful and versatile. Love its ability, all the charm combos, and the funny interactions with certain characters. Humorous and great to pair with the Glowing Womb Charm for the explosive hatchlings. Thank you, Dung Defender Ogrim! (^_^)
really useful for buying charms from leg eater his charms are expensive.
wait a minute this isnt dark souls
Beep boop bop
You can also create a giant cloud if you combine in with spore shroom