(Excluding The Hive and The Abyss)
Cornifer is an NPC in Hollow Knight. Cornifer is the game's cartographer who produces and sells maps of all the major areas.
Cornifer immediately set forth and wandered off when he was first hatched. Throughout his journey, he meets his wife Iselda and decides to move to Dirtmouth. He specializes in studying and making maps and sells it to The Knight if you newly encounter an area and find him. Players will be able to know if he is around when there are paper scattered on the ground - which leads to his location. Cornifer can be first encountered at the Forgotten Crossroads where he sells you the map for 30 and advises you to visit his wife, Iselda and her shop in Dirtmouth. Cornifer moves to another area if a player defeats the area's boss and leaves a note mentioning that you can purchase the map at Iselda's shop for an "excellent" price.
- Location: Cornifer Can be first encountered at the Forgotten Crossroads.
- Progression: Cornifer moves to all areas except The Hive, The Abyss, and Resting Grounds for each time an area boss has been defeated. While if all the maps have been purchased, he can be found in Iselda's shop, sleeping.
- Combat: Players may not kill Cornifer.
- Rewards: Acquiring all areas of the map unlocks the Cartographer Trophy/Achievement.
Cornifer's Maps Price List
Hmm? Ah, hello there. Come down to explore these beautiful old ruins?
Don't mind me... I've a fondness for exploring myself. Getting lost and finding your way again is a pleasure like no other.
We're exquisitely lucky, you and I... I'm a cartographer by trade, and I'm working on mapping this area right now.
Would you like to buy a copy of my work so far?
Notes & Tips
- It is completely unknown how he discovers new areas and gets to them. For example, there are only two know ways to get to Howling Cliffs. The access from Greenpath is to narrow for him, and the access from King's Pass requires parkour that would be impossible for him. And yet, he's there. In addition, in Fog Canyon, he is literally past a Void Stream, which is impossible to cross without the Shade Cloak.
- DO NOT QUESTION THE WAYS OF ME, FEEBLE MORTAL. I GO WHERE I NEED TO MAP.
Bardoon ♦ Bretta ♦ Brumm ♦ Charm Lover Salubra ♦ Cloth ♦ Confessor Jiji ♦ Distant Villagers ♦ Divine ♦ Dreamers ♦ Dung Defender ♦ Elderbug ♦ Eternal Emilitia ♦ Fluke Hermit ♦ Godseeker ♦ Grey Mourner ♦ Grimmsteed ♦ Grubfather ♦ Herrah the Beast ♦ Hornet ♦ Iselda ♦ Leg Eater ♦ Little Fool ♦ Lurien the Watcher ♦ Mask Maker ♦ Midwife ♦ Millibelle the Banker ♦ Mister Mushroom ♦ Monomon the Teacher ♦ Moss Prophet ♦ Moth ♦ Myla ♦ Nailmaster Mato ♦ Nailmaster Oro ♦ Nailmaster Sheo ♦ Nailsmith ♦ Nymm ♦ Quirrel ♦ Relic Seeker Lemm ♦ Seer ♦ Sly ♦ Snail Shaman ♦ Steel Soul Jinn ♦ The Hunter ♦ The Last Stag ♦ The Nightmare's Heart ♦ The Pale King ♦ The White Lady ♦ Tiso ♦ Troupe Master Grimm ♦ Tuk ♦ Unn ♦ Vessels ♦ Willoh ♦ Zote the Mighty